The Winnebago County Sheriff's Office is currently NOT
accepting applications for the position of 911 Dispatcher.
- High School diploma and or GED equivalent
- Must have regular, reliable and predicable attendance. Must be willing to work rotating shifts which includes nights, weekends, holidays and mandatory overtime and irregular job assignments
- Must be willing to testify in court and attend training
- At least 18 years of age
- At least one year experience in work that requires public contact including, but not limited to, work as a receptionist, radio dispatcher/operator, switchboard operator and/or office clerical support. Addtional experience is preferred.
- Required certification: LEADS (Law Enforcement Agency Data System) within 30 days of employment; and EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatch) and CPR within 12 months of employment.
- The ability to work with the general public. The ability to get along with co-workers.
- Residency requirement: May live anywhere in Winnebago County or within 15 miles of the 911 Telecommunication Center, within three (3) months of their date of completion of probation.
- Must be able to read maps
- Some travel may be required
For further job description information and to apply please go to: https://wincoil.us/departments/human-resources/employment-opportunities/