The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office is currently not
accepting applications for the position of Merited Deputy Sheriff. QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must successfully pass the following examinations
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license upon which the applicant may legally operate a motor vehicle in the State of Illinois.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony nor any other crime which would prevent the applicant from attending a certified academy for basic police training under the Illinois Police Training Act (50 ILSC 705/1 et seq.) or which would prevent the applicant from legally possessing a firearm.
- Physical Fitness Test
- Written Test
- Oral Examination
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Assessment
- Medical Examination